The following are the steps that must be done:
1.Turn on the printer to service mode. how to enter service mode is :
-While the printer is OFF, press and hold the Start/Stop button (Resume/Cancel in some other models).
-While holding the Start/Stop button, press and hold the POWER button.
-When the POWER LED (green light) lit, release the Start/Stop button (still holding the POWER button).
-Press the Start/Stop button TWICE (still holding the POWER button)
-Release the POWER button.
-Wait for the LCD to display 0 (zero).
1. After the display is 0, attach the printer usb cable to pc, then there will be detected new device (it's normal)
2. Run service_tool 1050.exe
3. Confirm detected usb-port numbers on usb port column.
4. Click the MAIN ink counter reset button, make sure there is paper in the paper feed, because the printer will print after the process is complete.
5. Click platern ink counter reset button, the printer will print again.
6. Turn off the printer.
7. Your printer is ready for use again.